1) The day my sister got back from the hospital after a suicide attempt. I didnt let go for about an hour.
2) Kid just found out his brother was shot and killed.
3) A Russian war veteran kneels beside the tank he spent the war in, now a monument.
4) Man sobbing at animal shelter. After being jailed briefly and his dog Buzz Lightyear impounded he couldn’t afford the $400 to get his pet back.
5) A firefighter gives water to a koala during the devastating Black Saturday bushfires that burned across Victoria, Australia, in 2009.
6) Alcoholic father with his son
7) Robert Peraza pauses at his son’s name on the 9/11 Memorial during the tenth anniversary ceremonies at the site of the World Trade Center.
8) Greg Cook hugs his dog Coco after finding her inside his destroyed home in Alabama following the Tornado in March, 2012
9) After two double lung transplants and years of battling cystic fibrosis, my good friend passed away last Saturday. This was one of the last pics taken with his mother.This always wrecks me
Best idea ever for those shirts that tend to slide off your shoulders. Sew in a simple clip to attach around your bra.
tHIS IS LIFE CHANGING
i heard a pigeon outside and i said “my son” im not sure why
"cis" is not a slur
"cis" is not an insult
"cis" is an incredibly important word that eliminates the "otherness" of trans* identities, and makes cisgender identities less of a default
“We dressed up as the book Madeline, with six people dressed up as her and me as Ms. Clavel, their teacher. One of the Madelines, however, was the truly special one…the one with the beard, that is. Our experience was hysterical—I’d walk all the girls (and one guy) down the street in two straight lines. Guys would be walking the other way, whistling or hollering at all the pretty ladies. Then, as they got to the back of the line, they’d see my friend Brennan, then they’d see me, and I could tell that they were suddenly wondering if ALL the Madelines were men.”
the last sentence
There will never be a time when I don’t reblog this because it is my fave.
When people are abused and assaulted, it is like the doors to their souls slam shut. The goal of Joyful Heart is to let the light, and the life, back in—to banish the darkness and let the healing begin.
- Mariska Hargitay, Founder & President of the Joyful Heart Foundation
- See more at: http://joyfulheartfoundation.org/
With roles in both the sci-fi and fantasy genre,she thoughtfully plays interesting and different roles not normally given to young women of color. At only the age of 15, she already has had a remarkable resume playing in two tremendously popular series: the Hunger Games and now Sleepy Hallow. Paired her sharp wit that can be seen in her clever tweets she has in a short period of time become quite a force to be reckoned with.
That got me all anxious at first, but it ended really nicely!
What did we do though
in terms of Surprise, bitch
like what did we just do do you realize what we have done
that meme can never go away, because bringing back the meme, is the meme itself
we fucked up so hard this time
I read this out loud to boyfriend and he just went “ohhhhhhhhh”
I’m not racist but I say blisteringly racist things and donate to the KKK. I think that’s bingo.
Exhibit #2332344235242234 in how little “I’m not racist” means.
Pretty sure you actually have to wear the white sheets to count as racist for many white people. Just helping the racists buy their sheets won’t count.